Total Pageviews

Friday 27 April 2012

A Flock of Goldfinches

I just couldn't believe my eyes tonight when I looked out of the livingroom window after having topped up the bird food.  There were no less than 14 goldfinches!!  This is the first year that we've seen these birds in the garden - it all started last year when I thought I saw a baby goldfinch a few times, but then early this year we began to see two, then three, then five and then eight, but today when I counted 14 it was just marvelous.  We are also now beginning to see siskins appearing alongside the greenfinches, chaffinches, blue tits, coal tits and great tits, plus of course the starlings, blackbirds and pigeons.  The garden is just alive with birds of all shapes and sizes, but they are eating me out of house and home!!  It's costing a fortune to keep them going in food!!

Here are some recent photos of my winged garden visitors

Acrobat

Cutie-pie

Who da ya think you're lookin' at??

Pole dancer!!

No comments:

Post a Comment